Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"Comedy"



Well, there really isn't anything funny about this picture. I guess it does make me laught that the leaves just started changing last week and I can still just wear a light jacket or t-shirt!

My current digital camera ( a sturdy old gal the size of a brick ) has a current battery life of about 5 minutes. It's more than ample frame makes it a cumbersome addition to any trip or outing. Tomorrow I will be picking up a new one. I will then be able to start documenting my time here a little more.


So I thought it was time I gave all of you a little taste of Korean pop culture. When I described this show to my students, they told me the name...I forgot it almost instantly.



Apparently, the woman in the bald cap with the side-ponytail is supposed to be Gollum.

We all know that Gollum has a side-ponytail and a brush and a stick for hands. I don't know why her stick hand is holding a cup, or why Gollum is with an evil Raggedy Anne.

This is not even the most disturbing part. This is a SHOW, meaning there are multiple adventures and routines for these misguided representations.

I am a passionate lover of absurdest comedy but some things seem to be a bit too much, and it is not just the language barrier.

It takes a lot to make me do a double-take, so I have to appreciate the truly demented and random stuff!




Here is Hugh Jackman and his Wolverine co-star Daniel Henney.


For your ultimate amusement here are links to some of the biggest K-Pop (Korean Pop) stars.

G-Dragon



Mc Mong's "Indian Boy"



Bubblegum Music is HUGE here!


Here, I have saved the best for last!

No comments: